Wednesday, November 28, 2012

pimpin' out the minions

Jennifer and Julie. It WAS movember
Somehow, trainers just fall in my lap. Not in a naughty way, but in the best way possible. Willow showed up right before Juno opened, and she has been with us for the three years we have been open. Miss Carey happened to be training at Ralph Gracie next door one day about a year and a half ago. The moment she shook my hand I knew she was right for Juno. John, well, he's my coach and has been instrumental in building our amazing kettlebell community. All of our staff are beyond amazing, I am grateful for them every day.
jennifer=note taking minion.
But let me introduce you to the trainers in training, Juno's minions.
An old friend emailed me about Jennifer, saying she was interested in becoming a trainer and did I have any tips (this is very similar to how I hired Willow, btw) for her. She dropped by and I knew she would fit right in. She faithfully attended the am bootcamps, observing, working out, taking ten jillion notes (I will never understand that, I think I'm just lazy as fuck). When I decided to add a pm drop-in class, I decided she would be the one to teach it. She worked with me all summer and took over late August. I think that all of the clients who get their asses whooped twice a week would agree that she rules. 
julie explains how sprint intervals are better,
not that we have a treadmill...
Julie moved here from Chicago and strolled into the nitey nite bootcamp, did the workout, posted a 5 star review on yelp (because...she was a minion even then!) and emailed me about tips on how to be a trainer.  She started assisting Willow in the mornings, and has been rocking her trial client, Liz. She is funny as hell, which I love. Even if she does send me links like this when I am doing the whole 30.
Both the new minions are great, I am really am amazed that these people just fall from the sky (like, it's raining men, only they aren't men) into Juno.
And, I know, we all roll our trainer-y eyes at Jillian Michaels, but this video is hilarious.

-juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment