Wednesday, August 1, 2012

wow, thirty days goes faster than you think

Yesterday, 7/31/12, was the last day of eating whole 30 style. So I am going to wax poetic to my now five readers, and answer some questions that peeps asked.
almost ate the husband and kid...


Food:
I ate A LOT of meat. I bought about 10-15lb a week for a family of three, and we ate it all. I tried to eat three times a day, with protein, vegetables and good fats; bunches of ghee, nuts, coconut oil, avocado. I was all up on some sweet potatoesI never counted calories and never worried about how much I ate. I tried to drink bone broth after my workouts. I had a hard time not snacking. I found myself walking by the kitchen cabinet and grabbing handfuls of nuts without thinking. Even I'm not perfect, last week I went through a bag of cashews in three days.  But, I never cheated.
me n'marilyn doing back squats, or something sexy

Strength and Endurance:
Just today someone asked how my eating effected my workouts. Initially it was hard (dizziness, weakness) because my body was not adjusted to using fat as an energy source rather than sugars/breads/sugars/sugars. Also settling into how much to eat at each meal. It took about two weeks of fucked up kettlebell training (you can't fudge through snatching a 24k bell) and then...my strength returned, my energy blew up. Besides my regular inherent laziness, my training was better than ever. Not always, not every day. I had my ups and downs, but training is like that.

Body, weight and mood:
I heard a lot of "wow, you look good!" "your skin is so clear!". Honestly, I don't own a full length mirror at home, and the one at Juno is unkind. And, I have that chick body dysmorphia thing. When I started this process, I weighed 140lb, my measurements 38/29/38. This morning, the first morning of my notwhole30 I weigh 133.5lb, my measurements are 36/28/36. My mood has been fairly stable this whole time. Fairly being the operative word. I also noticed: never, ever, got a stomach ache or got bloated.

Bikini Pics:
I am not as horrified as usual. You can see the previous ones in earlier posts. Here is what I notice:




  • no frigging back fat
  • no damn bra fat either
  • more evident muscle definition
  • still uneven hips
  • bikini is too big!!!




What Now?
omigodsogood
I am doing The slow reintroduction.  Today it's all about dairy. 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee this morning. I had ice cream!!!!! Every thing else will stay the same for a bit, and then in comes gluten etc. I will certainly keep you posted.
I think now that I am below my "magic" weight... all kindsa good shit will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment